- The jams are too short.
- They seem to rush from song to song.
- Phil Lesh sounds great. First night Radio City I heard a great banter between he and John, but I’ve missed seeing the red, white and blue armband. Did I miss it?
- John Kadlecik is spot on.
- Jeff Chimenti is twinkle fingers on those keys.
- Bobby (even with his man-pris) still can belt.
- Bobby’s beard reminds some people of a cat and it’s whiskers.
- Some people want John to sing, and not Bobby. I say, let Bobby sing as much as he wants. If it makes him happy, let him sing. (same sort of feeling I have about the man-pris: if it makes him happy, let him!)
- Zoe and Sunshine are amazing, they both have great, beautiful voices.
- Jay Lane and Joe Russo play the drums amazingly well. Jay, when bouncing, looks a bit like Animal from the Muppets.
- Each show is getting tighter and tighter, and more interesting snippets of music are coming (ie: the reggae jam at Mohegan, the jamming at AC.)
- Maybe I’m biased, but the Radio City Music Hall shows just were out of control.
Furthur has gone out to Chicago. I’m glad they have left the vicinity. I sometimes lose my head and want to go on tour with them – um, I lose focus. Moving on, with the Allman’s NYC run. I am only going to the last show. It will be very hard to be in town while they are playing for three weeks, and I won’t be there. But, alas, I will have to make it somehow. (And I’ll hopefully find a ticket or two.)
If you have any other notes on the Furthur shows that I may have missed, please let me know!